JB Technical Solutions Inc. can assist companies designing assembly equipment from simple jigs and fixtures to material handling systems that fully automate a product assembly.
To ensure safety, reduce operator fatigue, the potential for injury and to improve product quality and reduce costs, many manufacturers are turning to automating assembly tasks. JBTS can help companies design custom equipment to address specific manufacturing operations, from concept development through full manufacturing documentation.
Although JBTS Inc. focuses on the mechanical design, we can partner with programmers and motion control experts to design the complete control system for the equipment.
Working with JB Technical Solutions gives your company access to:
- The latest mechanical design tools
- Experienced staff to complete the design work on time and within budget
- A broad and deep level of knowledge and experience
- Ability to prototype and evaluate assembly concepts
- A network of vendors and programmers to supply the motion systems, sensors and controls required
- Resources to quickly expand your work force to meet short term goals
The type of assistance JB Technical Solutions can provide for machine design includes:
- 2D & 3D CAD files
- Jig and fixture design
- Development of specifications identifying and quantifying machine performance
- Selection of motion control components suitable for the application
- Close integration with motion control suppliers and programmers
- Identification of sensors and safety switches to control the process and protect operators
JB Technical Solutions' process for designing machinery for in-plant use involves:
- Working with the client to create a functional specification for the fixture or machine
- Collecting information on the components to be handled – specifications, tolerances, weights, etc.
- Confirming the footprint and location allocated for the equipment
- Developing concepts for the machine operation and testing where appropriate
- Meeting regularly with the client to ensure the project is progressing on time, and within budget
- Bringing motion control and programming resources into the process early to identify cost effective components and sensors
- Ensuring the manufacturing documentation is accurate, and easy to understand
- Supporting the client through initial build, programming and equipment qualification
JBTS Inc. will generate a full documentation package for the mechanical design of the equipment. The drawings convey all the necessary manufacturing information for the products including:
- Bills of material for assemblies
- Tolerances of size, location, and form
- Surface finish
- Finishes such as painting, plating, or chemical coatings
The drawings are the final line of communication to the manufacturer and must be clear, and accurate to prevent misinterpretation, and confusion. JB Technical Solutions follows the drafting guidelines set forth by the ASME current standards.
Please contact JBTS Inc.
to get started on developing your new and unique automation equipment.